Re: New charset support ?

Subject: Re: New charset support ?
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 07:14:37 CDT

Vlad Harchev écrit:

>> How should I do for MacRoman as it does not have a codepage number but have
>> an iconv() name ?
>> I haven't found the method that does this.
>
> Hmm, how RTF header for files in MacRoman looks like? Does it include
> \ansicpgXXXX or what?

It is \mac
BTW \ansicpg is an extension as originally it is \ansi, \pc, \pca.

> What is the corresponding charset iconv should use?

MACINTOSH or MAC

> If \ansicpgXXXX is not included in the header of RTF file, then we should add
> special support for that (new, I assume) keyword, and it should be something
> like this, without the need to touch

This is already for the 3 keywords above. This is NOT the problem

> XAP_EncodingManager.cpp:MSCodepagename_to_charset_name_map:
>
> if (strcmp((char*)pKeyword, "SOMEKEYWORD") == 0)
> {
> m_mbtowc.setInCharset("CharsetNameForMacRoman");
> }
> break;

OK. So I don't need to use the encoding manager class ? Good.

>> BTW how do we insure that we have support for this conversion ?
>
> You mean how do we insure that iconv() have support for this conversion or
> what?

yes. How can we make sure that iconv() can handle the conversion ?

Thanks for the help. If this works, I'm about to close bug 836 finally.

Hub