Re: Commit: Fix top Ruler bug.

Subject: Re: Commit: Fix top Ruler bug.
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 12:18:52 CDT

Thomas F. wrote:
>I'd like to get a comment on this. I personally think
>that it is a bit of a show stopper since as soon as someone
>tries out the nifty new header/footer feature they will
>find that they no longer have a top ruler when they click
>into their document.
>
>Much frustration and cursing will then ensue.

Quite true, but this is analogous to some "cursor dirt" problems - what's
happening is that the ruler isn't disappearing, but that a redraw didn't
happen until the window was obscurred (on unix, minimize then maximize your
window. you get your ruler back). We've had a similar problem with the left
ruler for about 2-3 years now. I've tried to fix it a few times, but have
failed.

Is this a nuisance? Yes. Show-stopper? IMHO, no. I just wanna release and
get moving forwards. If you want to provide a QNX binary built against CVS
Head, by all means please do so. FYI, Gnome 1.4 is already shipping with
0.7.14-2. I don't want a 0.7.14-3

Dom