Re: Character set for plain text files

Subject: Re: Character set for plain text files
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 08:25:19 CDT

Hi,

Abiword does work with other encodings... on Unix. What you'll see is that
there is a Unix class based on the XAP_EncodingManager (named
XAP_UnixEncodingManager) which will autodetect locales and such. So these
virtual methods get overridden and return correct non-default values, at
least on Unix builds. Win32 and others need to implement a version of this
class that make sense for them.

Dom