Re: Preliminary Autoconf Tarball

Subject: Re: Preliminary Autoconf Tarball
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 02:54:10 CDT

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:53:56PM -0500, Sam TH wrote:
> Have fun, and feel free to ask questions, or tell me how badly I
> implemented this. :-)

New version available, same location:
http://www.abisource.com/~sam/abi-auto.tar.gz

This incorportates the following changes:

- --enable-debug now works properly, or at least it should. It works
for me.

- autogen.sh (what you run the very first time) has been completely
rewritten, by stealing it wholesale from people with more of a clue
than I have.

- automatic dependency generation now works. this means that if a
header file changes, every file that depends on that header gets
rebuilt. This is almost always good, but for some headers, it means
that basically the entire tree gets rebuilt.

- I've begun --enable-gnome, but it doesn't actually do anything
currently.

Todo [ in no real order ]:

- --enable-gnome
- --enable-pspell