Re: Still unbuildable on Windows

Subject: Re: Still unbuildable on Windows
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 05:44:41 CDT

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 08:21:13PM +1000, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> Is anyone else building for Windows? I'm still unable to build with
> the new spellchecking code. It looks like a compiler bug but so far
> I'm unable to reproduce the bug in a standalone example to submit to
> MS.
>
> Can anybody verify that MSVC6 won't build AbiWord or better yet
> provide a fix.
>
> Sorry to be a pain but I can't seem to fix this one myself. Here is
> the output:
>
> make ABI_ROOT=/home/administrator/abiword/abi -C spell build
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/administrator/abiword/abi/src/other/spell'
> Building with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:On BiDi:Off Pspell:Off
> Scripting:Off].
> ispell_checker.cpp
> ispell_checker.cpp(139) : error C2511: 'checkWord' : overloaded member
> function 'enum SpellChecker::_SpellCheckResult (u
> nsigned short *,unsigned int)' not found in 'ISpellChecker'
> ispell_checker.h(6) : see declaration of 'ISpellChecker'

I don't understand this at all. Is it saying that checkWord isn't
declared in ISpellChecker? That's just wrong.

One thing you could try would be to remove the virtual's in
ispell_checker.h. I suggest that only since those are the functions
it complains about.

Hope that helps.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key