Re: Commit: pspell support on MacOS X

Subject: Re: Commit: pspell support on MacOS X
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 19:09:04 CDT

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> On vendredi, avril 13, 2001, at 09:44 , Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> >
> >> Added options to add two libraries when we link against pspell.
> >
> > Does Pspell work on MacOS X. If so I would like to know about it.
>
> It compile out of the box (not a byte have been injuried during the
> process), only generating .a (actually a libtool problem, not specific
> to pspell). Is there any test suite I can use to check whether it works
> or not ?
>
> I'll see what I can do for the shared lib problem.

You can compile the examples and try them out. However I will tell you
right now it won't work unless you the modules statically linked in as
well which is a royal pain in the but. The manual tells you what needs to
be done but it hardly every works correctly. In order to get it to work
on MacOS X you will

1) Get libltdl (portable dlopen wrapper) working on MacOS (may already
work).

2) Get C++ support for libtool.

It is basically the same issue as for Windows but might be easier
considering MacOS X is more POSIX like.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net