Re: Commit: new spelling code

Subject: Re: Commit: new spelling code
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 06:35:12 CDT

> HI Dom and Tomas,
> I've finally had a chance to try this out. It
> works! It's a fantastic feature for our many, many multi-lingual
> users. Many Europeans at GUADEC asked for this feature.
It's really Dom's work, not mine. (He must live in some other
universe with 48 hour days or something ...)

> One more feature request, can we change language state via a selection?
> ie I select a region of text, open the language dialog choose a language
> and have that text spell checked in my requested language?
If you mean you want the spellchecker to honour the lang formating
atribute, it already works, providing you use pspell. You can 'toggle'
the squigles under word like 'maximise' by simply changing its lang
formating from en-US to en-GB (if you have both dictionaries, that
is). It does not work with ispell; the ispell classes remain to be
implemented. If some felt like doing this, please go ahead, I will not
have the time for this in the near future.

Tomas