Re: Please Read -- removed AbiWord Personal

Subject: Re: Please Read -- removed AbiWord Personal
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 07:41:58 CDT

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, WJCarpenter wrote:

> sam> A. It will come with their OS. B. They will get it from a
> sam> seperate distributor, such as Ximian (http://www.ximian.com).
> sam> C. They will compile it from source.
>
> sam> On Windows, the situation is entirely different. A will never
> sam> happen, B does not exist, and C is impossible for most people. I
>
> Au contraire, there a well-established 3rd party distributors of free
> stuff for Windows. www.download.com, tucows, etc. Those are major
> distributors for non-commercial software. For example, most people
> get WinZIP from such a place (or are redirected to the canonical site
> from such a place).

Actually tucows is already supporting the QNX RealTime Platform
and one of their products that you can download is an AbiWord
package.

As soon as we officially make a statement about 0.7.14 then
I'll post an update to the other third party sites pushing
QNX/AbiWord like www.qnxstart.com.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf