JPEG import

Subject: JPEG import
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 17:06:07 CDT

Dear follow developers,

After discussing with several people, it is clear that adding jpeglib is
not the best idea. It would be smarter, if we really need to add a
library, and we really need one, to add ImageMagick. This will bring
more feature with a single set of API.
Most Linux distributions have it, *BSD does have it in ports, and the
other OSes can compile it as it is cross-platform.

And no, it will not really bring bloat as we'll keep it as a separate
library. The final goal is to drop libpng to the benefit of
ImageMagick. :-)

Hub