Re: Linking against libjpeg ?

Subject: Re: Linking against libjpeg ?
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 18:55:31 CDT

>On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:11:31PM -0500, Sam TH wrote:
> > Given that no one has even started on implementing them, I think we
> > should defininitely push them to post 1.0.
>
>Wrong. We have an _implementation_ already. I think plugins are very
>important and 1.0 will be much worse without them.

This isn't entirely true.

We have an implementation for a *module* loader, which is related to a
plugin, but it isn't a plugin. All we can do is load a .so or .dll into our
memory space right now. We don't have any sort of API to initialize a plugin
or anything, or even a good one for creating a module instance (I'm thinking
that I'd like a singleton moduler loader/manager class).

So... but I *would* like a decent plugin API before 1.0. I think that I'll
create the singleton manager interface and post it to the list in a day or
two for review. I'll work on a *very* simple plugin API after that.

Dom