Re: Is this a Win32 Only problem?

Subject: Re: Is this a Win32 Only problem?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 15:59:26 CDT

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Michael D. Pritchett wrote:

> I've noticed two minor bugs that have been introduced.
>
> 1) Smart quotes cause a failure - looks like XAP_EncodingManager
> try_UToNative line 286
>
> 2) For some reason, status bar and ruler text are no longer being displayed
> properly

This has _something_ to do with iconv() that I've been
lightly following for a couple of days (not a lot of time
to hack since I've been back) since it seems that the bytes
get converted wrong.

ie 'A' == 65 == 0x65 ==> 0x0065 in UCS2 but is
being converted to 0x6500 instead.

At least that is the problem on QNX. I'd love to find
out that it has to do with the encoding manager.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf