Re: gdk-pixbuf vs. ImageMagick

Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf vs. ImageMagick
From: Paolo Molaro (lupus@debian.org)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 12:46:14 CDT

On 04/19/01 Paul Rohr wrote:
> >Gdk-Pixbuf depends only on GLib (talking about version 2.0 here)
> >and there shouldn't be any portability problems.
>
> Good. Do you know how much of Glib it needs? IIRC, Dom's gotten a subset
> ported already for all our supported platforms.

Well, my advice is: use the real thing! :-)
Note that I was talking about gdk-pixbuf included in Gtk 2.0: that
requires the full glib because it uses the signal system for
incremental loading...
The current (old) gdk-pixbuf links to Gtk (for basically the same reason).

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules
lupus@ximian.com                             Monkeys do it better