Re: encryption

Subject: Re: encryption
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 17:58:57 CDT

At 11:55 PM 4/23/2001 +0100, rms@greymalkin.yi.org wrote:
>What about XML Encription [ http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/ ] and XML
>Signature [ http://www.w3.org/Signature/ ]?

         I haven't read the encryption spec, but the Signature spec is
crap. Everyone who I know that does crypto professionally thinks it's a
complete cop-out to solving the problem -especially since it really doesn't
solve it :(.

>Besides, we don't have to cipher anything, just link with a ciphering
>program, such as gpg. All our code had to do is look at the xml file,
>choose the right parameters and send the content of a tag to a decipher
>program/library.
         I'll repeat my previous comment - until we know what people want
encryption in AW for - technical discussions are pretty pointless.

LDR