RE: install problems on WinNT

Subject: RE: install problems on WinNT
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 17:45:19 CDT

gino> A few weeks ago, I installed Abiword 7.13 on the machine in my
gino> office, which runs on WinNT 4.0. It installed fine and I had no
gino> real problems running it.

gino> This morning, I downloaded 7.14 and when I tried to install it,
gino> I got continuing messages that creating files in
gino> /abisource/abiword failed. I downloaded again, downloaded and
gino> tried the BiDi version, rebooted and tried again, with the same
gino> result every time.

This is just a problem with the windows installer. If you find your
delete it completely, the new install should go painlessly. The
problem is that all of the font files and help files (and there are a
*lot*) are installed "read-only". Next time around, the installer
fails when it tries to overlay them.