Re: Ximian.com and Abiword

Subject: Re: Ximian.com and Abiword
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 20:38:01 CDT

At 04:05 PM 4/25/01 +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> Unfortunately Ximian is shipping AW-0.7.13 with some patches added
instead of
>0.7.14 (and obsolete gnome-print and Nautilus BTW). They are simply
monkeys :)

Yeah, distributors *do* tend to lag in the product versions they ship. It's
the nature of the game, and one of the reasons that people will always have
a reason to come to us for the latest and greatest. :-)

However, the obvious question comes to mind -- do any of those patches need
to be fed back upstream to us? I doubt that there's anything as prominent
as the Miguel/Darin exchange going on over in nautilus-list, but it's worth
asking.

Paul