automake and libiconv problems

Subject: automake and libiconv problems
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@zoftcorp.adsl.dk)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 06:49:11 CDT

Presently libiconv as shipped with AbiWord will be used - which is
probably fine. Except for the fact that it doesn't build.

Problem is, as far as I can tell, that the provided iconv.h file
defines LIBICONV_PLUG and thus prevents libiconv.h from defining
iconv_t.

I don't grok that. If LIBICONV_PLUG is set, surely this means that the
system did not define iconv_t and so it should be defined by the lib
iteself.

Anyway, I've worked around it by moving the libiconv directory. But I
can only do that because I have a working system version. Would be
good if someone with a clue could have a look at this.

Thanks,
Jesper