Re: [wx-dev] Making the HTML window optionally user editable

Subject: Re: [wx-dev] Making the HTML window optionally user editable
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 08:10:45 CDT

Well, since I'm a member of the class "anyone": ;-)

I'm curious how much functionality you want in a word processor control?

Depending on how much you want, it might make sense to consider
importing functionality from someone already building a word processor.
My suggestion would be to post a message to abiword-dev@abisource.com to
see what suggestions they may have to offer.

(I know that abiword and wxwindows are attempting some level of cross
platform programming, but I think the approaches are significantly
different. Nevertheless, I think there would be benefit in initiating a
discussion.

I am taking the liberty of posting a copy of this to abiword-dev to see
what response it gets. I will forward any comments to this list, but
you may wish to subscribe to the list yourself (for at least a little
while) -- to subscribe send mail to <Majordomo@abisource.com> with the
following command in the body of your email message:

    subscribe abiword-dev

Randy Kramer