Re: uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements

Subject: Re: uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 06:39:51 CDT

According to Jesper Skov <jskov@zoftcorp.adsl.dk>:

> For that reason, I'd like someone to volunteer coordinating the
> creation of a list of email addresses of magazines (and similar) which
> should be notified on release / weekly news announcements.
>
> Presenly I can think of:
>
> Release Announcements:
> editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
> ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary
> ??????????????: GNOME Gnotices
> ??????????????: freshmeat.net

For freshmeat, this not a mailing list announce but rather a freshmeat entry to
update.
Same for sourceforge where we put the binaries.

> But I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of other news outlets that
> could be interested in carrying our announcements. Also Windows, Mac,
> QNX and BeOS sites!

For beos, an announce on bebits.com by updating the entry at
        http://www.bebits.com/app/1582
(it still has 0.7.13 version announced)
These entries are reported automatically on benews.com

Hub