dangerouse function call

Subject: dangerouse function call
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 17:39:58 CDT

Hello,

While compiling, abi gave me the following warning:

/home/rms/cvs/abiword/abi/src/Linux_2.4.3_i386_GNOME/obj/libAbiUtil.a(ut_unixString.o): In function `UT_tmpnam':
/home/rms/cvs/abiword/abi/src/af/util/unix/ut_unixString.cpp:51: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

After a quick review of man mkstemp, I really believe we should not use tmpnam.

Just think of a link to the wrong place...

I only do not offer a patch, since I am not sure of what goes in that string there, and mkstemp requires <<The last six characters of template must be XXXXXX and these are replaced with a string that makes the filename unique.>> I thought that I'd better place this warning to the list.

Hugs, rms