Re: Thesaurus in KWord, using WordNet

Subject: Re: Thesaurus in KWord, using WordNet
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 03:53:16 CST

 --- Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote: >
> [totally random non-sequitor]
> you might consider the fact that many users will be
> swithing/upgrading
> from another word processor.
> Perhaps you could write a thesaurus interface to
> other programs, so that
> i can use the old Corel WordPefect Thesaurus or MS
> Word thesaurus that i
> have on my computer?
>
> (of course this is just a totally random suggestion,
> im not going to file
> it as a RFE, but it does make some sense to exploit
> the resources that
> users may have from their previous word
> processor/office suite).

I don't know if this is even possible, but if these
programs have this stuff in self-contained DLLs with
known APIs this is the sort of thing that I would love
to take a stab at. Do you know of any documentation?

Andrew Dunbar.

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/koffice/tools/thesaurus/

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net