Tables

Subject: Tables
From: Scott Bingman (mrphido@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 21:17:51 CST

Here's an idea I have been wondering if it would help in the "quest" for
the elusive tables and make them easier to create.
Abiword parses an XML file to create (and save) a document. I noticed
that Gnumeric does this also. Would it be possible to use some of the
code from Gnumeric to create, manupulate, and save tables within Abi docs?
It seems to me that tables are like a small spreadsheet, and if they
were handled in the same manner, then you could do all kinds of
interesting things with them.

Just an idea, ignore at will
Scott Bingman