Newbie potential developer, need help - how to store flag with document

Subject: Newbie potential developer, need help - how to store flag with document
From: Bryce Nesbitt (bryce@obviously.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 10:46:30 CST

I need some advice from someone familiar with the code base. I'd like to store a bolo
as an attribute of a document. What's the proper way to do this?

I'd like to implement a long standing feature request relating to styles:

If you're formatting a document with styles (e.g. "Heading 1", "Diamond List") you
want all of your headings, all of your lists, to use the same set of styles.
In particular you don't want a mix of explicit font commands and styles. All the
headings, for example, should be of type "heading", rather than "bold 14pt font".

The feature is to add a checkbook to the styles dialog:
        [x] Use only styles to format document
When checked, all other methods of changing the formatting are ghosted.

I've added the checkbook. I've implemented the ghosting. How do I connect the two?
Is there a developer willing to help get this feature in for it's 1.0 milestone target?

                -Bryce