commit (was Re: commit: fp_TextRun.h/cpp, gr_Graphics.h)

Subject: commit (was Re: commit: fp_TextRun.h/cpp, gr_Graphics.h)
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 14:41:40 CST

> But why are we even erasing things when printing (which is
> the only time this really applies)??
We are not erasing things, but we are printing a background
rectangle under the run; the problem is that on the screen this
rectangle can overlap with a portion of a preceding or following run
(i.e., italicized text), and the only way to undo the damage is by
asking such an affected run to redraw its start or end (this happens
not only on screen but also when printing from win32, or at least
the PCL output for my printer will reproduce the screen exactly).
Obviously, this extra drawing is unnecessary in some printing
contexts, and the purpose of the new property is to eliminate it.

So, I have renamed the property to DGP_OPAQUEOVERLAY, and
for the time being set it to true to all the graphics classes except
the two PostScript ones.

changed: gr_Graphics.h + all the gr_*Graphics.cpp files,
fp_TextRun.cpp
Tomas

tomas@frydrych.net / www.frydrych.net
PGP keys: http://www.frydrych.net/contact.html