Re: BugZilla - stale bugs

Subject: Re: BugZilla - stale bugs
From: Piotr Banski (bansp@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 14:16:48 CST

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Piotr Banski wrote:
> > I think this is one of Bugzilla's features/quirks. I noticed that after I
> > e.g. added a comment on some SUBMITTED bug (I think), it's priority would
> > go up to P1 by itself.
>
> It's a configuration parameter in BugZilla. The default as shipped is P3.

Well, you could consider that the point of that posting. If you dislike
there being too many P1 bugs, prevent that automatic behavior.

(However, I'm not entirely sure we're speaking about the same thing: I
don't mean what happens when you post the 1st bug report; I mean that wehn
you comment on a report that has P3, P3 gets automatically reset to
P1. I'm not 100% of the context or repeatability, but I know it happened
to me at least twice without me resetting the priority.)

Piotr