(Lack of) Source Code Documentation

Subject: (Lack of) Source Code Documentation
From: j.m.maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 17:31:52 CST

Ha all!

I'm new to AbiWord and trying to get a grip on the code. But since there
is virtually _no_ source code documentation, this is a very difficult
thing to do. Even major classes like fv_View don't even include an
abstract of what they do!

The number of active developers on AbiWord is fairly low, and I think
the almost complete lack of source code documentation is a major factor
in this.

What I would propose is that a fair amount of (boring) work on this is
done after the 1.0 release. This may attract more developers (at least
on: me), which is a Good Thing(TM)!

Are there any plans on this?

Marc aka Uwog