Re: Fwd: Abiword and iso-8859-2 fonts...

Subject: Re: Fwd: Abiword and iso-8859-2 fonts...
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 13:05:38 CST

Hi there,

> >I search for some support for ISO-8859-2 fonts. I installed AbiWord
> >and try to trick fonts supported with AbiWord for ISO-8859-2 support.
> >Something goes wrong. After I run AbiWord it still rewrite fonts.dir
> >in the package fonts directory. I cannot use fonts anymore it still
> >comeback to old fonts.dir

AbiWord _does not_ rewrite the fonts.dir file, we only read from it.
My guess is that for some reason when you start AW, your X
server executes mkfontdir which creates the new fonts.dir file.
Because mkfontdir cannot handle pfa fonts, it will remove all the pfa
entries from the fonts.dir file. What you have to do is to create a
fonts.scale file which is identical to the AW fonts.dir file. Then
when mkfontdir is executed, it will paste the contents of fonts.scale
to the fonts.dir file it creates. Hope this helps.

Tomas