Opening unknown documents

Subject: Opening unknown documents
From: Scott (mrphido@prodigy.net)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 11:40:27 CST

I am filing this as an enhancement, but I wanted to put this idea out in
the open and see if it flies.
I am trying to use Abiword to hand edit HTML and it always comes up as a
bogus document. So I was wondering: could Abi instead of just declaring
an unknown document as a bogus document, offer to open the document, or
even better just open the document as text? There are all kinds of
manually editable documents including Window's .ini, Enlightenment's
.menu, Abi's own .Profile, and many others that don't show up in the
list. If the file isn't in the list, then just open it as is.

Scott Bingman
mrphido@prodigy.net