RE: bool accepted == true ? (was Re: Abi string class)

Subject: RE: bool accepted == true ? (was Re: Abi string class)
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 13:21:37 CST

Just to be clear, me too, I think me too that we are sure that an addition
will not hurt us. Here, are the subject says, we are discussing about the
"bool" keyword (the rest are: "it would be cool if..." stuff).

Now, are there any supported compiler without "bool"? The reply is: no
supported compiler doesn't support bool. (And Dom has "proved" it :)

Anybody thinks that there is anybody out there that could understand what
means UT_Bool, UT_True & UT_False, and that could not understand what means
bool, true & false? I suppose that nobody will reply "yes" to this question
:)

So I think that it's ok to add to the guidelines that bool is a supported
keyword, and to run

find . -name "*.cpp" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/#include "UT_Bool.h"//g;' '{}'
';'
find . -name "*.h" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/#include "UT_Bool.h"//g;' '{}' ';'
find . -name "*.cpp" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/UT_Bool/bool/g' '{}' ';'
find . -name "*.h" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/UT_Bool/bool/g' '{}' ';'
find . -name "*.cpp" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/UT_True/true/g' '{}' ';'
find . -name "*.h" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/UT_True/true/g' '{}' ';'
find . -name "*.cpp" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/UT_False/false/g' '{}' ';'
find . -name "*.h" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/UT_False/false/g' '{}' ';'

and nuke UT_Bool.{cpp,h}

(sorry, I'm too tired to do a only one script ;)

PS: btw, I still think that namespace's and simple templates will be a nice
addition :)

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela
cuenca@celium.net