Re: our postscript code

Subject: Re: our postscript code
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 01:14:43 CST

> Well, let me tell you what I remember from my work on the GnomePrint driver
> - we don't need the ascent and descent of the fonts. We really need the
> bbox.uri and such - gtk and gdk don't report this info back to us. We may or
> may not be able to get away with this. But you're more than welcome to try

I think we should recreate the ABIFontInfo as much as possible, so
we really need all of it (we need the ascend / descend in any case
because PS and X use different system of coordinances). Now, it
is quite true that these things are not reported by gdk, but they are
readily available in the X structs that gdk sits on the top of; I have
started working on this, but will leave it for the moment and see if
can get it working with afm files generated by ttf2afm first.

Tomas