Re: commit -- added TODO lists

Subject: Re: commit -- added TODO lists
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 17:29:52 CST

At 11:56 PM 1/27/01 -0600, Sam TH wrote:
>I have added todo lists, generated by searching the code for TODO, for
>each of our platforms. By my rought estimation, there are about 850
>of these in the code. Some require lots of work to fix, some almost
>none. If you are looking for a project, check them out.

Cool idea. Last summer I noticed that Darin and the Eazel folks had
generated a bunch of scripts which automagically convert TODOs in the
Nautilus code into discrete work items in Bugzilla.

Unfortunately, I doubt that our customizations to a rather old version of
Bugzilla would mesh well with their more modern version, so I suspect their
scripts might not be of much use to us.

Still, it's really cool to see how thoroughly they've expanded the Bugzilla
concept to transform it into a work-tracking system. They put *everything*
in there, not just user-reported bugs.

Paul