Re: Optimization Opportunities 1 [long]

Subject: Re: Optimization Opportunities 1 [long]
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 08:42:08 CST

Thomas Fletcher wrote:
> My first suggestion to anyone that is interested in doing any sort
> of profiling and performance improvements is to walk through the
> entire code from startup -> Screen on page through the debugger.

Yes, but this does not necessarily involves doing this manually.

Since I've also been here before, I'd like to add that *if* you have a
reasonable profiler, you might want to add a call to abort() (or even
_asm{ int 3; } using x86) just after the main window has been displayed and
_everything_ has been drawn. To find out where this is might need some
tracing, but the benefits are obvious.

/Mike