UCS_OBJECT (was Re: please commit - fix for bug 223)

Subject: UCS_OBJECT (was Re: please commit - fix for bug 223)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 13:08:37 CST

At 09:39 PM 2/3/01 GMT, Jesper Skov wrote:
>This fixes bug 223 (and possibly 436 - haven't tested yet). Problem
>was that fields (objects in general) got encoded as spaces to the
>buffer used for finding word limits. I replaced the spaces with the
>letter A (using a macro) and added references to the bug + some
>explanations.

Jesper,

I'm no Unicode expert, but given the intended semantics of UCS_OBJECT, you
may be using the wrong codepoint:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/unicode-xml/#Object

I'm not sure that it's much better than spaces in the current context,
though. The field width stuff mentioned later in this thread may be a more
promising alternative.

Paul,
the fields-as-containers guy