UT_String draft 2

Subject: UT_String draft 2
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 11:05:09 CST

If you get the time, please have a look at the attached stuff.

It only contains build files for MSVC6, but to build it is so simple that
command-line build will cut it.

Please tell if you're satisfied with the interface, the performance, or
especially if any of the tests break any of your compilers! (I'd also like
to know if Apples Mister CPP gets the constness right). If you do test it,
could you try both non-optimized debug as well as O1 & O2? Thanks.

If nothing unforseen happens (like bugs found or major interface changes are
requested) this is what I will commit sometime this weekend.

/Mike