Re: re CVS commit mailing list [was: ... BOUNCE ...]

From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 16:31:35 CST

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 10:44:30PM +0100, Mike Nordell wrote:
> > > I've mentioned the CVS commit mailing list idea before, but no one has
> > > taken to it.
>
> -1

I'm interested in what your objections to this would be. I can think
of a couple:

1) Worse log messages. Currently, we put more info in the commit
email than we do in the CVS log. However, I think that practice is
the problem, and the solution is to write more in the CVS log.

2) More email traffic. Since the messages on the cvs list usually
include the entire patch, it can get pretty big. But I think that's
optional, and I don't know if it's actually a problem.

Any other problems?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/