Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line 4]

Subject: Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line 4]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 17:29:34 CST

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:16:45PM -0500, Thomas Briggs wrote:

> > would have their own commit msg making it a moot point) why I'm afraid
> this
> > list will get flooded by CVS commits by at least me from time to time.
>
> I don't believe that the intent was to send CVS commit message to this
> list - my concept (for whatever that's worth) of how it would work included
> another list just for commit messages. If commit messages are to be sent to
> this list then I'm changing my vote to -1 as well.

Sending commit messages to this list would be a bad idea, and is *not*
what's being suggested. Also, due basic flaws in CVS, everyone would
send multiple messages if the changed files in two dirs.

What's being proposed is a new list, abiword-cvs@abisource.com, which
you could subscribe to (and which I would expect all serious
developers to want to subscribe to) which would have the messages.

Does that sound better, Mike?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/