Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 02:19:38 CST

Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:
>
> > Joaquin,
> >
> > What took you so long? ;-)
> >
> > Seriously, this sounds very promising. Insofar as glade is the de facto GUI
> > builder for GTK and GNOME, I'm glad to see us taking steps to make it easier
> > to use glade output like we use resource editors on other platforms.
> >
> > A few questions I may have missed in your min-FAQ:
> >
> > 1. Is libglade a build-time or run-time dependency? If it's just a
> > build-time dependency, then users won't need libglade installed, and there's
> > unlikely to be much (if any) bloat to the executable.
>
> I also have some questions. What is our scheme for resources and source
> code modules that come from application builders. I have totally stayed
> away from the application builder under QNX because it generates a
> hierarchy of directories for modules you generate (it is also less
> efficient but that is neither here nor there). For BeOS all of the
> dialog resources are currently stored in the wp/main/beos directory.
> How do we differentiate between WP specific dialogs and AF dialogs?
> I'd like to see something that we can use on all of the platforms
> rather than just somethign which is glade speecific.
>
> How about if we added the following:
>
> af/resources/{win,unix,beos,qnx,...}
> wp/resources/{win,unix,beos,qnx,...}
>
> And then put the resources in those directories.

no problem with me. I just put the glade files in src/glade because I
don't have anything better, but it seems ok to me to rationalize this
point a little bit. Do you thing that the split between af & wp is
worth the effort? I prefer to have all the glade files accessed by
abiword in the same directory...

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela