RE: socks ? on : off (was RE: integrating bidi (was Re: version 1.0))

Subject: RE: socks ? on : off (was RE: integrating bidi (was Re: version 1.0))
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 18:20:36 CST

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, WJCarpenter wrote:

> If you don't happen to use the couple of features that we have that
> WordPad doesn't, well, it will seem to be exactly like WordPad. I
> could mention features that I think some hypothetical group will think
> is important but which might not be in 1.0, but that's not the point.
> The point is, what are the compelling features that *are* in 1.0 that
> will make AbiWord so cool and useful that someone not only uses it,
> but they convince their friends to use it, they call up strangers in
> the middle of the night and demand they use it, etc?

If you own a Psion or Palm you can make docs on your PDA and send them to
people who don't. There are a lot of Psion's and Palms out there.

<snip>

> There's probably no productive point to my going on about this. It
> sounds kind of negative. I just think we have to look at 1.0 as a
> beginning.

<snip>

Absolutely. Still it will be nice to start send *.zabw docs to my friends,
family and people who want my business and tell them to go to:

http://www.abisource.com

To read it. I'm seriously looking forward to doing that to all the people
who send me *.doc files :-)

Cheers

Martin