No endian.h on HP-UX

Subject: No endian.h on HP-UX
From: Kevin Vajk (kvajk@ricochet.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 20:00:38 CST

abi/src/af/gr/unix/gr_UnixGraphics.cpp contains this:
  #ifndef __FreeBSD__
  #include <endian.h>
  #else
  #include <machine/endian.h>
  #endif
Since HP-UX doesn't have endian.h anywhere, I just wrapped this
up in "#ifndef __hpux" / "#endif". Which is fine by me, but I
bet there's a prettier place for this kind of logic, more in
keeping with the abiword build model. Any suggestions?

For anyone who's curious, here's the status of HP-UX:

What I've done so far:
- I had to install gcc, libtool, etc...
- I had to edit abi/src/config/platforms/hpux.mk, to change some
  compiler flags and whatnot. (I'll send a patch when I'm done
  playing with it.)
- I had to edit abi/src/af/gr/unix/gr_UnixGraphics.cpp (see above).
And with these small changes, I got a dynamic executable which
actually seems to work. This is some portable code!

I haven't gotten UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC to work yet, which will be
very important because (at this time) most HP-UX installations don't
come with GTK. (I get: /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library for -ldld)
Also, my build system is running an unreleased version of HP-UX;
to produce binaries which everyone else can run I'll need to get
static binaries working and then build on HP-UX 10.20. At that
point, maybe in a week or so, I should be able to provide proper
HP-UX packages.

--
- Kevin Vajk
  <kvajk@ricochet.net>