Re: XP dialogs

Subject: Re: XP dialogs
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 18:34:58 CST

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 11:24:20AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> I'm sorry, I strongly disagree. Star Office took this approach. It really
> hurts performance adds to bloat and does not help portability. Just
> changing from Motif to gtk is estimated to take years and those widget
> sets are pretty similar I'm told.

I'm sorry, but I think you are misinformed. Staroffice does not use
Motif. It uses its own ugly internal widget set that doesnt fit in
anywhere. This is a disasterous approach - of course there will be
bloat if every application has its own widget set. This is what
mozilla did and look what happened.

What we're sugesting is abstracting the native widget sets internally.