Re: comments on Unicode printing patch

Subject: Re: comments on Unicode printing patch
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 05:14:11 CST

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

 Hi Tomas,

 I'm sorry for testing your patch so late.
 For locale-specific fonts (which I was checking), m_fontfile doesn't contain
double slash, that's why it triggered the problem. It seems m_fontfile
for locale-specific fonts doesn't have double slash.

 I wonder why you had any problems with double slash - it seems that any unix
allows any number of extra slashes in pathnames.

> Hi Vlad,
> thanks for taking your time on this. What does your m_fontfile
> contain? My contains something like
> /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts//tahoma.ttf -- note the double slash
> between the font name and the path. I have initially tried to do
> exactly what you do in the else branch, but ended up trying to open
> /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts//tahoma.u2g, which it would refuse to
> open because of the double slash. That's why I went looking for
> "//"; the else branch was meant to try to open the file in current
> directory, since I concluded that if there is no "//" then the the font
> name is unqualified. We can, of course add an extra else if ... else
> to test for a single slash to, but what puzzles me is why on my
> machine the font name is separated from the path by "//" and on
> yours by single '/'. Any ideas?
>
> I will make a small change so that we can satisfy both cases for
> the time being.
>
> Tomas
>
> > else
> > {
> > - full_name = new char[20];
> > - *full_name = 0;
> > + full_name = new char[strlen(m_fontfile)+50];
> > + strcpy(full_name,m_fontfile);
> > + strrchr(full_name,'/')[1]=0;
> > }

 Best regards,