Re: Source indentation style

Subject: Re: Source indentation style
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 14:46:25 CST

tb> Well, the things that immediately jumped out at me were things like:

tb> if( x )
tb> {
tb> if( y )
tb> ...
tb> else
tb> ...
tb> }

The massaged code was indented with a combination of tabs and spaces
for leading indents, what I like to call "tab and a half". Some
people are tab indenters, some people are spaces indenters, but the
"tab and a half" people tend to make just about everyone else unhappy.

The solution is to use all tabs or all spaces. If the tool can
produce only the combination effect of "tab and a half", it should be
tossed far, far away.