Re: dogfood feedback

Subject: Re: dogfood feedback
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 00:35:39 CST

At 02:59 PM 2/16/01 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:
>> 3. If you select a portion of an existing list, this indents the whole
>> thing. I expected only the selected paragraphs to move -- even if that
>> means making them become a new list.
>
>I explicitly put this in. I thought it was what was wanted. You can indent
>a whole list structure this way. ie
>
>1.
>2. | <--- cursor here
> 2.1
> 2.2
> 2.3
>
>pressing indent moves everything 0.5 inches to the right.
>
>I like this behaviour...
>
>Maybe if the user selects a range containing the list, just the range gets
>indented.

I had a bulleted list with six entries:

- foo
- bar
- baz
- bim
- bam
- boom

I selected a range from somewhere in baz to somewhere in bam (ie, paragraphs
3-5). If they'd been just text, then only those paragraphs would've been
indented.

- foo
- bar
  - baz
  - bim
  - bam
- boom

However, since it was a list (I guess) all six paragraphs moved, which was a
big surprise. I thought -- hey if I wanted all six lines, I woulda selected
all six! Just move the ones I told you to, Abi!

At that point, I had to be (forcefully) reminded to take a break and stop
muttering out loud at the screen. ;-)

Paul