Win32-specific dogfood

Subject: Win32-specific dogfood
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 19:27:26 CST

As a followup to yesterday's dogfood post, here are a few issues that my
fellow Win32 folks may want to concentrate on.

1. The status bar doesn't really hide. It just stops drawing. :-( We
need to hide or resize the hWnd so the top-level window can be repacked. I
suspect that the grabber decoration in the lower-right corner will need to
be toggled on and off to match.

If so, there should already be a small window set aside for just this
purpose, since Jeff already did all the upfront work to unbundle the scroll
bars from the view (which will come in *very* handy later on when we add in
other controls to the left of the bottom scroll bar).

2. Similarly, when you hide the last toolbar, we need to hide the coolbar
and repack the top-level window. As is, we can get some really funky
garbage drawn there.

3. Note that an easy way to see both #1 and #2 in action is to toggle Dom's
new View / Full Screen menu on and off.

4. What's the current status of the lists dialog? I saw commit mails from
Martin recently, but it sounds like there's yet another design in the works.
The current Win32 implementation throws a bunch of is-not-a-dialog
warnings, and then brings up a dialog which flickers very badly. I'm hoping
we only see this in DEBUG builds.

5. Was there ever a decision whether and how to take advantage of Thomas'
XP prefs logic to remember the last window position and/or size?

6. Finally, there's a small leak of the static m_pRemapGlyphsTable* stuff.
What needs to be done to make sure that XAP_App has a static method to call
to clean these up on shutdown? Other than that, we're still leak-free on a
simple launch / exit scenario.

7. Is it just me, or is there an extra menu separator at the bottom of the
Format menu?

Paul

PS: Yes, I know that #6 is in XP code, but IIRC the person who coded it
works on Windows. ;-)