Re: [Release] 0.7.13 is ready to go

Subject: Re: [Release] 0.7.13 is ready to go
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 10:11:32 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dom Lachowicz" <cinamod@hotmail.com>

> >Well, we don't suffer from any of the problems caused by RH7, AFAIK.
> >But we usually ship different binaries for them, cause they use a
> >different RPM version. We shall see.
>
> I sure did. Release binaries for other distros/versions of RH don't work,
> iconv's byte order is backwards, and of casts were required to get Abi to
> build, etc...

I was under the impression that the entire i386 C++ ABI was different for
'2.96'. If that's true, I don't see how we can work on RH7 and others with
the same binaries (though perhaps static linking to the C++ libraries would
work). I'm not, however, in a position to test any of this and back my
opinions up at the moment, so I should perhaps be quiet :-)

Jamie.