Slackware packages

Subject: Slackware packages
From: John L. Clark (jlc6@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 17:20:10 CST

Sam wrote:
> What Martin really means here is that the Slackware packages we
> provide are untested, and are generated by a converter from other
> packages. If, however, you would like to provide a better way . .

What would be acceptable? I run slackware, so I can build slackware
packages. I assume the "slp" rule in the Makefiles refers to slackware
packages, yes? If so, do we want conditional alien generation based
upon whether installpkg is found, or should I replace the alien
generation wholly with native slackware package generation?

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm working on this at the moment.

        John