Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-memb

Subject: Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-memb
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 03:57:54 CST

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

 Hi,

> [+ gnome print
>
> As said in a recent post, gnome print is not fully working yet ...
> When you try to view some text with a background color, it appears as a
> black box. But when I try to import a doc file containing text with
> background colors, it is displayed just fine !!
> Same thing with the foreground color, changing it with abi has no effect
> in gnome print, but when importing a colored text it works perfectly.]
>
> Background colors work. A screenshot to the effect is attached. GnomePrint
> is not "broken" - we're outputting the wrong glyphs for Symbol and Dingbats
> fonts. And it handles non-latin1 locales just fine too.

 Dom, no, AW can't print non-latin1 symbols right now (but that's
our fault, not gnome-print's - we just ignore all chars with unicode value >
255 when printing using gnome-print).

 As for printing colors - I think it depends on the gnome-print version used.
 I have the one from ximian available on Dec 23 - and it seem not to support
foreground/background colors other than black and white. I hope Ximian
currently ships a version of gnome-print that supports background and
foreground colors fine.

 "Print directly" seems to support everything.

> [+ show/hide toolbars]
> I'll fix this sometime soon.

 Yes, it would be nice to fix that.. It annoys laptop users with small
screens very much.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad