Re: Backend changes ready for commit - please test it!

Subject: Re: Backend changes ready for commit - please test it!
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:45:05 CST

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

Martin> Well let me practise my estimation skills to guess the
Martin> overhead on a return conditional on a boolean member variable.
Martin> I think

My point, and it still stands after your little math job, is that
doing _anything_ for 99.9999% of the lines to handle a little quirk
needed for the odd 3-line footer in every 10th document is a hack
whichever way you try to defend it :)

I'm no C++ expert (as will be apparent shortly), but I believe we can
do something like:

class fp_LineHdrFtr : fl_Line {
 fp_LineHdrFtr();
 ~fp_LineHdrFtr();

 void draw(GR_Graphics* pG);
}

fp_LineHdrFtr::fp_LineHdrFtr()
        : fp_Line()
{
}

fp_LineHdrFtr::~fp_LineHdrFtr()
        : ~fp_Line()
{
}

void fp_LineHdrFtr::draw(GR_Graphics* pG)
{
 // do nothing since drawing is handled elsewhere
}

May have to throw in a virtual for draw in both this and the fp_Line
class.

Of course, if things don't work like that, your solution is required.

Jesper