Re: predefines.mk : How to ignore?

Subject: Re: predefines.mk : How to ignore?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 12:26:09 CST

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 12:41:16PM -0500, Tom Briggs wrote:

> Apparently the .cvsignore idea doesn't help with the predefines.mk
> situation: CVS still recognizes differences and wants to commit
> changes. (The more I think about it, the more I think that .cvsignore is
> only for files that you don't want added to the tree at all.)
> So, my question is this: does anybody else have any ideas on how we can
> get that file ignored by CVS?

Oh, I thought you didn't want it in the tree at all. My mistake.

Sadly, I don't think there is a way to tell CVS "I want this in the
tree, but I don't ever want you to change it".

If the file in question really is a sample, maybe you should call it
predefines.mk.sample (say) and then make CVS ignore the real
predefines.mk. Or am I missing something?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: