american.hash file

Subject: american.hash file
From: ed nestor (ejn88@voicenet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 18:07:13 CST

Hello,

I just installed AbiWord - Kudos for a great program. I downloaded tarball
(abisuite-0.7.13-Linux_i386_dynamic.tar.gz) unpacked and ran install script,
all went well.

However, the spellcheck feature didn't work. I did get a message from the
shell stating that the program could not find file;
/usr/local/AbiSuite/dictionary/american.hash. I looked in the
AbiSuite/dictionary directory and sure enough it was empty, no american.hash
file.

I ended up getting it from your Slackware tarball and copied it to
AbiSuite/dictionary directory and now spellcheck and auto spellcheck seem to
work fine.

I don't know what went wrong, but I thought someone might want to know about
it.

I am using Red Hat Linux 6.0. I tried to install from your RPM but I ran into
to many dependency issues. That's why I chose tarball install in the first
place.

I really like AbiWord. I have tried Corel's WordPerfect and StarOffice but
didn't like and don't use either one. Keep up the good work. I hope to see
additions to AbiSuite in the near future.

Regards, -- Ed