Re: CVS (was Re: commit: Catalan update)

Subject: Re: CVS (was Re: commit: Catalan update)
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@greymalkin.yi.org)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 07:44:31 CDT

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 02:29:40PM +0100, David Chart wrote:
> --On 1/7/01 8:11 -0400 Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > The problem I saw last night was fixed by this morning.
> I don't think it's fixed; I think the lock just timed out overnight. I
> tried committing a doc file this morning, and the process got stuck after
> the 'done' response, but before actually finishing.

it's not fixed, but the done really finished it. only for some reason, the parent process is not finishing properly, so if you ctrl-c after the done, and wait some time (you can wait without cancelling, I guess) after which the process finishes and releases the lock on the directory.

but the commit was done :)

that happend to me just as I updated it-IT.strings, I cancelled it.

now...

[rms@roque strings]$ cvs diff it-IT.strings
[rms@roque strings]$

so it is done! :)